Due to rapid technological advances, the possibilities for digital marketing are endless in 2019. The way people communicate and deliver messages is ever-changing, and we need to stay ahead of the curve to make the best predictions. While it may seem overwhelming to keep up with an immense amount of information, there are ways to keep an eye on potential changes and upcoming trends.
Ways to stay connected with all the developments in media:
1. Use popular search engines to research current digital marketing news.
2. Log into accounts and explore around the platform to see what’s different.
3. Subscribe to reputable social media publications to get informed. HubSpot, Hootsuite, and Sprout Social are gold mines of information.
Whether it’s new ways of communication or different media consumption habits, social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube are always producing innovative features to set them apart. These changes both help users engage in many several ways with their favorite brands online and marketers captivate their audiences through an array of tools.
It’s vital for digital marketers and business owners to stay ahead of every curve and make the most of these online platforms. 2018 has been a year of growing and building off 2017’s social media trends. So far, we’ve seen a continued rise in artificial intelligence, augmented reality, personalization, video content, and influencer marketing. Now that 2018 is complete, we predict these three top Digital Marketing Trends in 2019.
1. Video > Text-Based Content
We’re moving towards a more visual era. With all these new adaptations in technology, it’s not out of the realm of possibilities that we have shifted in this direction. While at one point text-based content worked for engagement, audiences crave more of a personalized experience. In 2019, video content, including live video, is a crucial area that marketers need to focus on. Video content continues to dominate the social media landscape and is an equally significant digital marketing trend for 2019, as it was for 2018. There are many ways to utilize video content better. Businesses can engage and build relationships with influencers and use that influencer in videos. “Stories” are becoming an upcoming and popular feature on social media platforms. Incorporating influencers in social media stories can help increase engagement. Cisco asserts that by 2020, 82% of all consumer web traffic will be video.
The Rise of Live Video
Live video is something that’s been in the social sphere for the past few years, especially on YouTube. It’s now popular across Facebook and Instagram. A live video makes a powerful tool for audience engagement. Going live also helps build loyalty and trust between the brand and the audience. Going live also notifies people on Facebook that your business is currently live, meaning people can tune in and see what your business is doing. Research also indicates live streaming retains viewers longer than prerecorded video. With live video, your viewers feel like you’re having a direct conversation with them. In return, they can chime in on the discussion by commenting and asking questions in real-time. Companies can use live video on Instagram or Facebook to show off new products and offer tutorials, webinars, and interviews. Businesses should start implementing them in 2019 to keep up with consumer habits and preferences.
2. AI-Driven Customer Service
From Chatbots to social media AD optimization, platforms like Google, Amazon, and Facebook have been quick to adopt artificial intelligence to enhance customer interaction, especially in the form of online customer service. With the progress in artificial intelligence over the past few years, chatbots have improved by having the ability to hold a conversation with users. They can answer questions like a live human customer support representative would.
Pros Of a ChatBot for Your Business:
- 24/7 accessibility: Chatbots are replacing live chat and other forms of slower communication methods such as emails and phone calls. They will continue to operate every hour throughout the day without requiring them to take a break. People can get the information they need any time of day or night, which directly benefits your business.
- Time efficient: While many websites offer live chat support systems with live representatives on the other end for years, chatbots decrease the amount of wait time. Not only saving time for the consumer, but also the customer service representative. With a Chatbot taking on a task, the rep can use that time accomplish other things.
- Cost effective: A Chatbot is cheaper than a customer service person and can handle more tasks.
- Capacity: Chatbots can handle more at one time. Unlike people who can only communicate with one human at a time, chatbots can simultaneously have conversations with thousands of people and give them information immediately.
- Acts as another sales channel: In 2019, people tend to go online to buy products. Chatbots can sell your products or services because they are online 24/7. Not only can Chatbots sell, but they will also remember a customer’s answers and tailor their responses. This creates a personal level of service that closely mirrors human interaction.
Chatbots will remain an essential part of digital marketing in 2019. They can communicate in real-time, day or night, with your customers. With 1.4 billion people interacting with chatbots, 80% of businesses are already using or intend to use chatbots by 2020.
3. Influencer Marketing
Influencer marketing is on the rise. With more people using their mobile devices in 2019 compared to watching TV or reading the Newspaper, traditional advertising is declining. We are shifting to a mobile-dominated era, so it makes sense that marketers are looking to invest their advertising efforts on social media. Social media plays a significant role in digital marketing.
With so many social media platforms and digital marketing tools that can be used to get your message out to the masses, businesses should not only focus on HOW but WHO. People tend to trust others who have used a specific product, rather than the company itself. This tidbit is especially true if it’s a person that resonates with a broad audience. Influencer marketing is the method of marketing products and services by partnering with individuals who influence a large group of followers on social media. These influencers can have thousands to millions of followers. Influencers can be anyone from celebrities and Instagram or YouTube stars to bloggers and journalists who help spread your brand’s word through their social media channels. You can benefit from working with an influencer because of the direct access to that influencer’s community.
How influencer marketing can help your brand:
- Drive engagement: You can increase the number of likes and engagement for your social media accounts.
- Improve SEO: Many influencers have sites with high domain authority. Which means that they are a trustworthy source and have a high ranking. This will help your SEO by sending more traffic to your site from their page.
- Drive sales: Customers trust influencers and are likely to buy products and services based on influencer endorsements.
- Expand reach: You can expand your audience by partnering with an influencer. The partnership allows you to reach the large audience that they have already established. This helps you connect with your target audience quickly and easily.
- Boost your reputation: Influencers already have the trust of their audience. A personal recommendation from a trusted individual is key.
With more people spending time online, it’s crucial for marketers to be where the people are. 2019 will center around video marketing, AI-powered technology, and influencer marketing. It’s important to create engaging video content, utilize Chatbots, and partner with an influencer to increase engagement on social media.